Tuesday 8 July 2014

Spare a moment for a thought...

Following on from the post yesterday where I shared images of politicians and royalty enjoying the World cup I have one quote I would like to share from the President of Uruguay, who some would claim to be the poorest Politician/President out there.  Got to admit I know nothing of his policies, and I’m sure someone will tell me that he is doing something wrong, somewhere, somehow. But I don’t want to get political here, only to quote some of the wisest words I’ve heard for a long time.  Less is more, just like this note ;)

"I'm called 'the poorest president', but I don't feel poor.  Poor people are those who only work to try to keep an expensive lifestyle, and always want more and more.  This (referring to how he lives) is a matter of freedom.  If you don't have many possessions then you don't need to work all your life like a slave to sustain them, and therefore you have more time for yourself."

It's good for us all to take a moment out and sometimes re-evaluate exactly what it is that makes us happy, making those tweaks to the things that are important.


That’s it. Deep thought provoking moment over. Off to look for that new car I would love to buy myself :)

Viva La Revolucion.

No comments:

Post a Comment